|I'm not sleeping anymore
Oct 23, 2009
Ive started Atripla two weeks ago I notice its hard for me to remain sleep at night now, would that be a side effect of this drug, What would you recommend for sleeping aid
| Response from Dr. Henry
You may be experiencing a sleep disturbance from the efavirenz in Atripla. That adverse effect often will diminish after 2-4 weeks. Over the counter meds such as diphenhydramine or melatonin help some patients while sometimes a prescription medication can help with sleep (such as trazodone, amitriptyline, lorazepam, quetiapine, or eszopiclone). KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore On Tongue After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Broken Condom Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hepatitis B After Vaccine?
- Over The Counter Treatment For Oral Thrush
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.