Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Managing Side Effects of HIV TreatmentManaging Side Effects of HIV Treatment

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Silver therapy for treatment of HIV
Oct 21, 2009

My son,20, has recently been diagnosed HIV with CD4 count 275. Doctor has advised to wait till it comes below 200 before starting medicine. I have come across a site claiming treatment through silver therapy. He claims "This silver therapy is accredited and patented by USA government (United States Patent and Trademark Office) see that in Government website- Logon to http://tinyurl.com/2h6ngp And see the proof. silver therapy being practised in USA Legally in more than 1200 hospitals more than 100 companies are producing silver therapy. FDA is opposing this therapy but Federal Govt approved it. johnson Can i try it before allopathic medicine is started. It may delay growth of Virus for sometimes at least. Please advise

Response from Dr. Henry

I do not recommend silver therapy. Data supporting its use is unimpressive. I have had several patients undergo silver therapy with bad results so my personal experience has not been good. KH

Previous
Safe to start febuxostat/Uloric?
Next
atripla vl

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.