Side Effects of Isentress

I started on Atripla and took it for 5 months before stopping due to continued sluggishness,trouble concentrating, dreams.,etc, etc. ( I was having trouble doing my daily routine at work)( I also hated stopping the Atripla because it worked so well - undectable viral load and t-cells up from 199 to 850 in 3 months) Doctor put me on Truvada and Isentress. The first week on the new regimen was wonderful, I got my "mind" back . I have been on this for 2 weeks now and I am starting to have the sluggishness , druggy feeling againg, anxiety level rising and I am having some weird dreams again. Are these side effects of Isentress as well? And if so, is there any advise you can give me to cope with these "mental" issues, so I dont have to keep changing meds. I would rather deal with stomach issues than mind issues.( I think) Thank you very much Joni

Isentress (raltegravir) overall is well tolerated but there seems to be a low rate for increased central nervous system side effects (such as depression or lethargy)-? < 5%. You could be unlucky again though an overall clinical and medication review is necessary to determine if other factors are contributing. If your symptoms persist then a switch to a boosted PI such as atazanavir or darunavir for several months might be worth considering. I have no easy one size fits all recommendations for coping with annoying mental side effects due to an HIV drug. KH

Alternatives to Reyataz
hiv and hypertrophy