Anal Cancer

I have had some serious problems lately. I have been living with HIV for over 20 years now and have been on meds for the last ten years.

Recently I was diagnosed with Squamous cell cancer once again. Do you know what can be done for this to not happen again. They are doing another surgery to take it out of my anal region. Yes I have had HPV in the past.

Another strain thing that has been happening for the last three months or so. I am having several bowel movement a day., I mean like 8-10 a day and only eating once a day because of this. Every time I eat I have to go and have a BM. The checked my liver and it has a bit of fatty tissue but that is it. They also did a scan and stool samples and nothing was out of the normal range except again my liver

Maintaining good HIV suppression and good CD4 levels is an important aspect of maximizing good health for many patients. Many HIV+ patients may be at risk for a variety of liver and GI problems including perhaps risk for colon cancer (thus screening with colonscopy should be done in HIV+ persons similar to the regular population--perhaps even more aggressively). Anal cancer is a serious problem in HIV+ persons with a need for better data and treatment options. For the loose stools seeing a GI specialist and getting a colonscopy and other procedures may be indicated. KH

taking atripla differently
ulcer in the spine does not let me walk?