Atripla and ED

hello doctor Henry, I am 23 years old and have been positive for four years. I am starting my Atripla regiment for the first time ever tomorrow 9-8-09. Last month I was diagnosed with HIV related peripheral neuropathy but the doctor also noted ( as I had figured for myself) that the severe motor dysfunction I have been experiencing for a year now was probably not linked to my HIV. Long story short my doctor prescribed tramadol for pain and cyclobenzaprine to relax my muscles. Cyclobenzaprine made it impossible for me to get an erection. Ive discontinued use of cyclo. My girlfriend and I are quite afraid that atripla might cause this to continue. I am under the impression that it wont as it doesnt affect muscle function, the nervous system or blood flow directly. But is there any chance that atripla can cause ED?

I have observed a handful of patients where Atripla seemed to contribute to impotence though more often improved HIV parameters and overall health due to Atripla (as well as less concern about riskf or transmission) actually helped sexual performance. KH

Burning and Tingling in hands and feet
Combivir/Hepatitis B