Is it a seizure or not?

Doctor, my husband was diagnosed in April 2009 and has been on HIV meds since then. He is taking Kivexa and Efavirenz. His CD4 was at 9 and his viral load was 750,000. Now his CD4 is 59 and his viral load is 50. He also has Rheumatoid Arthritis, which he is currently taking stem cell treatment for. This week he had a, I don't know the correct term so I will say seizure. He lost control of his arms and legs, not jerky though, couldn't speak correctly, numb lips, eyes looking up and away, crying one minute, laughing another for just seconds. The first episode lasted about an hour, of which he remembers everything. The next three episodes two days later were under five seconds with only emotional outbreaks. Does this sound like something some other people have experienced? He had a normal MRI and EEG. We are very scared, to say the least. He is extremely exhausted after each episode. Can you give us some direction, i.e., what other people have found, experienced, done, etc., etc. Thank you for your time and consideration. Peggy

For most true seizures a MRI and EEG provide some definitive clue as to cause. Low blood sugar, drug interactions, high stress, CNS syphilis. persistent HIV in CSF or other infections, and other conditions can contribute to seizure like symptoms. KH

trygylcerides
PLZ Helpp !!!