Atripla or atazanavir+ritonavir+truvada?
Aug 25, 2009
Hi, I will start med soon. my doctor told me start with atazanavir+ritonavir+truvada, but he told about Atripla before. my cd4 350, vl 90000. i didnt resistence test. Shoul be better start with Atripla?
Response from Dr. Henry
Either option is an excellent choice. If you dont have results from a resistance test available the atazanavir option would be my choice due to its higher barrier for resistance. Otherwise the choice comes down to concerns about side effects (gut for atazanavir/ritonavir and brain for efavirenz) and other issues (if you are female and hope to get pregnant then efavirenz not a good choice). KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Skin After Anal Sex Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Precum Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Eyes After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.