HIV & MI

HI, I have been on Trizivir since 1998, VL Undetectable, T-Cells around 800. I recently had an MI and angeoplasty. My HIV doc wants to change my meds to Truvada/Darunavir 800mg/Ritonavir 100mg due to Abacavir's increase in risk for coronary heart disease. My worry is that to start taking the two PIs for the first time will also increase my risks of CHD. Do you have an opinion on this and perhaps an idea of a different combination (I favour Atripla to remove the PIs)

Current data seems to mildly suggest that the MI risk would be lower for an efavirenz based regimen versus a boosted protease inhibitor based regimen (limited data for darunavir since so new). Sustiva (efavirenz) based regimen (such as Atripla) is generally heart friendly but if you have past history of drug failure/resistance then there would be a concern about the low barrier to resistance for an efavirenz based regime compared to boosted PI based regimen. KH

New to Reyataz/Epzicom ALT AST up
Is this a side effect of Stocrin and Truvada?