Stage 2 Renal Failure

I recently had a 24hr creatinine collection taken. My results should creatinine at 1.4 and GFR at 63. I am 40 years old 6ft 180lbs. and have been on reyataz, truvada, and norvir for 1 year. (1st regimen) I am shocked. Am I going to be on dialysis soon? Can I bring those numbers up or change anything about my normal routine, eating/drinking pattern? My doctor recommended I take another urine collection in 3 months and then if the numbers are still around 60 he wants to change the truvada for something else. He stated that number is too low for someone my age. I am worried. What should I do? Is Motrin also bad for me and possibly put a strain on my kidneys?

The situation is not dire. As assessment of protein levels in your urine as well is warranted as is a renal workup which often includes an ultrasound and renal consult. If you have diabetes or high blood pressure those conditions need to be treated. If you have evidence for HIV nephropathy then often an ACE inhibitor like lisinopril is used to protect the kidneys/slow progression. In some cases a kidney biopsy is done to assess what process is causing kidney damage. A switch off tenofovir is often considered as well as minimizing use of other kidney toxic agents such as ibuprofen. KH

Double dose of truvada
Atripla and intense dreams - resolved with Marinol and RX MJ.