zeffix

my v.l is not detected and i do not take med for hiv till now. but i have also c&b . i have finished my treatment for c (interferon and ribavirin) since 22 days and my pcr is negative (zero) i still taking zeffix for virus b 100 mg once every day and my pcr for b is negative (zero) . my cd4 drob on interferon from 915 to 436 but cd4% was the same . after finished my C treatment i thought that my cd4 will increase but it was down to 318 (18%). is that because i take zeffix? i need your advise. or that because interferon ? can i stop zeffix? or wait few monthes and my cd4 will be ok? and what is the contact betwwen zeffix and cd4? thank you very much.

Zeffix (low dose lamivudine) is not generally recommended for monotreatment of hepatitis B due to concerns about resistance developing from HIV standpoint. If you are an elite controller (low or negative HIV levels without treatment) then that might be a special situation for which data is very limited. Use of lamvudine for hepatitis B often would be monitored with hepatitis B tests (such as hepatitis B DNA levels). There likely would be little direct effect of low dose lamivudine of CD4 levels in a situation as you describe (CD4 count often drops on hepatitic C therapy and may take a while to rebound). KH

Is it AIDS
failure rate