osteomyelitis (bone infection)??

I had a hernia repair (groin area) about 1.5 years ago. It never really healed uo..to this day it is tender in the area. I have just had a bone scan and am getting a gallium scan to confirm if iy is osteomyelitis (bone infection). I am kinda scared! IS this common in HIV people? I have HIV for 17 years and undetectable and 1000 cd4. I am healthy except for night sweats which are "wicked"...I have been having them for years but they have been worse in the last few...Could a osteomyelitis (bone infection) cause these terrible night sweats?? I have taken antibiotics before for this but it keeps comming back!! IS osteomyelitis (bone infection) very serious?? Any guidence on this matter would be most helpful...

Thanks! JB on the Rock

Osteomyelitis has not been clearly linked to well controlled HIV infection. Osteonecrosis and aseptic necrosis of the hip are perhaps more common in HIV+.Determining precisely if you have a bone infection and which germ is involved is important to make the best recommendation for treatment. KH

Benefits of Atripla vs. Truvada & Reyetaz
Hives/Rash on Atripla