I need meds holiday - never looked better than when started!!!

I'm 43, on meds since 2004 - truvada, reyayaz, norvir once daily. I put 30 lbs. on since taking meds, peobably due to less struggle in the body. My waste is up from 32-33 to 34-35, going 36!!!.

My CD is 440 and ratio 26. I was CD 200 when started meds and 170 lbs Now I'm 205 lbs. I exercise and diet to no avail. I plan to stop meds for a while, and the hec with all the thories. I feel that taking Norvir every day is crazy. I miss that slim body. I used to be a hunk!!! Please say something more original then "oh you can't do that". Btw, the Swiss found that undetectables pose little risk to sexual partners. Of course in America it's a no no to admit:)) Now let's get progressive!

I have not seen much data documenting that stopping HIV meds results in a steady loss of body fat. Other factors besides the meds can contribute including aging, time with HIV, lower CD4 counts and others so that stopping medications would be predicted (little studied) to have a variable effect on losing body fat over the first months. Stopping meds does result in rebound in viral levels and loss of CD4 cells which also can contribute to metabolic problems. Also patients in our clinic who stopped taking their meds have been observed to note little immediate impact on body fat so it is hard to know what will happen for a given patients. KH

Creatinine level at 1.4
joint pains associated with atripla