How fast should cd4 rise? Blood test results...

Dear Dr. Keith,

I have been on treatment for about 3 months now. When i started I had a cd4 count of about 210 and VL of 29,000.

I have had my first lab tests done, and while my VL test results arent ready yet, i see that my CD4 has risen to 405.

Now, my liver tests show the following: (its in spanish) BILIRRUBINA TOTAL 0.32 (0.40 - 1.20) mg/dL BILIRRUBINA DIRECTA 0.12 (0.10 - 0.40) mg/dL BILIRRUBINA INDIRECTA 0.20 (0.30 - 0.80) mg/dL PROTEINAS TOTALES 8.28 (5.80 - 8.10) g/dL ALBUMINA 5.14 (3.50 - 5.00) g/dL GLOBULINA 3.14 (2.00 - 3.50) g/dL RELACION ALB/GLOB 1.64 (1.30 - 2.50) TRANSAM.PIRUVICA (SGP/ALT) 65 (0 - 40) U/L TRANSAM.OXALACETICA(SGO/AST) 38 (0 - 40) U/L FOSFATASA ALCALINA 31 (15-60) U/L GGTP(G-GLUTAMILTRANSPEPTIDASA 46.8 (5.0 - 24.0 en hombres) U/L

As you can see I have a TRANSAM.PIRUVICA (SGP/ALT) of 65 U/L, and a GTP(G-GLUTAMILTRANSPEPTIDASA 46.8 U/L. These are the two main result that are higher than what the lab range is. I have an appointment with my doc next week but wanted to get your opinion first.

It is important to mention that in the past two months i have gained about 10 pounds and currently have a mass body index of around 27. I weigh 189 and am 511. Also i had a cold last week and took tylenol flu (contains acetominophen) for five days and I kind freaked out about penumonia and took bactrim from saturday to monday.

Now do you think this numbers just represent being overwieght and eating too much grease? I have NOT been excersing at all this past two months.

Is my rise in CD4 the expected one?

Thank you so very much for you opinion!

Best regards from Argentina!

Sergio

Overall CD4 increase and safety labs that you describe are reassuring and fairly typical (in a good way). CD4 response is highly variable with perhaps 20% NOT having a good increase despite suppression of HIV levels so you seem to be off to decent start. KH

Sustiva and anxiety
Atriplia and false marijuana use