Sustiva and anxiety

What might you be able to tell me about Sustiva and a potential strong anxiety side-effect. I am 44-year old, extremely healthy (aside from the anxiety), and living with HIV for about 25 years. I have been taking Sustiva for about 6-7 years now, and it seems to be doing it's job with my HIV. But I can't help feeling that it has exacerbated what may be a predisposition to anxiety. The dreams are fine (I even enjoy them). I have become more and more anxious over the last few years - not every moment of the day, but regularly and sometimes quite intensely. I am currently taking 20mg of Celexa, and the new psychiatrist I am seeing just told me to increase this to 30, and then possibly 40mg. My health care provider, who has done an amazing job for me, acknowledges that Sustiva may be a cause of my increased anxiety, even after having been on it for several years, but this is of course hard to quantify. I realize that every HIV drug has it's side-effects, and I don't want to do away with a med that is helping me only to realize that it may not have been the culprit anyway. Please help!

The only way to tell for sure is to have a trial period on an alternative regimen such as raltegravir or boosted-PU basead regimen depending on prior treatment and resistance history. You should be able to know what happened to the anxiety level after 4-6 weeks and then can make a decision about whether to go back to the efavirenz (Susitva) or stay with new regimen.KH

One month with Rash
How fast should cd4 rise? Blood test results...