One month with Rash

Hello Doctor. I started Atripla 41 days ago, on day 8th, I developed a massive rash, but having read many posts here. about it, I insisted to push with it, althogh my doc wasn`t very convinced. it is a month now, and the rash has gone down myabe 20%.It is still very marked in back, arms, legs, covering huge areas which makes me look as if i had spent too much time under the sun. How much longer than a month is it advisable to wait for the rash to go? are there any permanente consequences? Would you continue prescribring Atripla after a month with a rash that soesnt sem to go?

Thank you

Paco

That is atypical for an efavirenz rash. Have you seen a dermatologist to see if anything else could account for the rash. If it looks like the Atripla is the cause and the rash continues to be so impressive then a switch to an alternative regimen may be worth considering (such as raltegravir or a boosted PI based regimen). KH

taper off
Sustiva and anxiety