Jul 9, 2009
I have on Trimune for almost 3 years then l stopped taking the ARV for a year. What must l do to start again taking the ARV?
Response from Dr. Henry
Starting and stopping drugs liek Trimune can lead to resistance particularly to the nevirapine component which persists much longer that the other drugs in the combination. Resistance testing may not be available for you to assess the situation. Restarting Trimune and observing may be one option if no resistance testing using an alternative regimen such a boosted PI would likely work OK if available where you are located. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Headache After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Touching Vaginal Fluid Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Eyes After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Spots After Touching Open Wound Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.