Should my 6 year old be on medications now or wait

My 6 year old daughter was diagnosed 8 months ago with HIV. I adopted her when she was only 4 days old, and she was diagnosed when looking at something else - totally unrelated. She is in great health. Her CD4s are 1130 and her viral load is 4300. I have a wonderful Dr. for her, and she is saying to not do medications until her viral load and CD 4's start to get worse. Do you agree with her recommendations?

Good question-if she were an adult she would not meet the treatment threshold but there is a shift towards treating earlier in infection and in the case of children that may also be true but the guidelines are not yet making that recommendation. Ask her doc what she would do if it were her daughter. KH

Stopped meds!
pml