Lexiva, Intelence & Isentress

I'm a 37yr old woman and my doctor recently changed my HAART to Lexiva, Intelence & Isentress. I've been taking them now for about 3 months. I'd noticed shortly after I started taking them that my mouth & lips felt "numb." At first, I didn't associate it with the meds because it wasn't all the time. Within the past month, I've noticed that it happens within an hour after taking my meds and it happens every time. Today, I noticed, my face started to itch slightly. I have a check-up with my doctor in a couple weeks, but wanted to see if this was something you'd heard of with any of these meds. The only side effect listed that even comes close it "rash," but I don't have a rash that goes along with the numbness & itching.

I have no experience with Lexiva and etravirine which is a combination with possible negative drug interactions so that combination is usually not recommended. Also are you taking the Lexiva with ritonavir (norvir)-that is recommended if you have history of drug resistance or previous drug failure. PIs (particlarly ritonavir) can cause a numbness in the lips /tongue in some patients soon after taking the medications. Any further symptoms should warrant an earlier visit with your HIV doctor. KH

Truvada+Viramune
hiv stage