Rash Associated with Atripla

I just began medication therapy after being HIV for a few years. I have been reading many articles about the development of rash within a few days of beginning Atripla treatment, which is what I have experienced. However, many experts indicate that it's a common side effect, while my doctor claims it would be one-in-100. We agreed to push through this, and I was advised to counter the rash and itchiness with Benedryl as well as a Prednisolone pack. Are these good measures?

Skin rashes from the efavirenz in Atripla are fairly common seen in the 10-25% range overall. Antihistamines such as Benadryl generally helpful. It is not clear whether corticosteroids help much. KH

Common cold, flu or allergies? Is tylenol ok?
Air Dehumidifier and HIV