|Still Night Sweats
Jul 3, 2009
Hello Dr. Henry: I've been pos for ten years and have had an undetectable vl for almost all those years, BUT I still have night sweats occassionally. My doctor doesn't know why and I was wondering if you had any ideas....
| Response from Dr. Henry
Some patients have sweating at night for unknown (idiopathic) reasons. Low blood sugar, thyroid problems, and anxiety /insomnia and other conditions can sometimes contribute to chronic night sweats. I certainly have a modest number of patients who also report the same phenomenon without any clear cause and seemingly when they are otherwise doing well from overall health and HIV perspective. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Anxiety Cause Night Sweats?
- Penis Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Swallowing Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.