Immune Reconstitution X Zoster
Jun 24, 2009
First of all thanks for the amazing work on this website! I have started treatment 3 month ago, and this week I had an outbreak of Herpes Zoster in the intercoastal area, which I never had before. I m now taking Aciclovir for that. I ve read it s a common sintome of immune reconstitution, should I be really worried? Is the prognosis good when something like this happens? Is it common? Had my CD4 and VL done last week, but the results are not back yet? Thanks
Response from Dr. Henry
In my experience development of shingles after starting effective antiretroviral therapy has not impacted the response to treatment overall and does not generally effective outcomes. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Anal Warts After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Vaginal Sex Without Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore Throat After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hepatitis B From Touching Blood?
- Does Any Std Affect Your Urine Flow?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.