Rash due to Atripla part 2

Hi Doctor,

Thank you for your reply about Atripla in relation with skin rash, and join pain. The Dr said that allergies can sometimes affectjoins, and prescribed antihistamin tables, which helped the join pain, and after 2 days it dissapeared. However in the course of those 2 days, my skin rash became massive, now the rush covers 70% of my body, it is a flat redness, and in areas it looks as if I had been sunbathing, however the itching is very bad. The rush appeared only 5 days ago..how much longer will I have to wait for it to go away?, of course I woudnt like to stop the Atripla unless my health is at risk.

Thank you again for your reply.

The rash usually clears after 10-14 days-need to monitor for severity and involvement of mucousal surfaces (eyes, mouth)-keep in close touch with your HIV clinic.KH

Potential side effects
Atripla and depression