Bruising of the Skin
Jun 17, 2009
Since Nov 21, 2003, I have been clean from crystal meth. Shortly there after, in March 2004 I found out my status as being HIV+. From that point on, I have taken an active role in my healthcare. Recently I have noticed tat my skin is bruising more easily. At the age of 31, the bruising is alarming to me. What can I do to try to keep me skin at its healthiest.
Response from Dr. Henry
You may need to have your platelet count checked as well as bleeding indices. Also avoiding NSAIDs such as aspirin or ibuprofen may decreased bruising/bleeding in some patients. Avoiding excessive UV light and seeing a dermatologist if problems persists may be worth considering. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute And Possible HIV Exposure
- HIV Infection Risk Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Coated Tongue After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Sensual Massage Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.