Diflucan and Bactrim

I am taking Diflucan and Bactrim . I have been diagnosed with cryptococcal meningitis and thrush. My LP was normal, as well as my CT scan. My Lab results from the LP were clear; however, the crypto antigen showed up at a low level in my blood lab results. I am on 800 mg of Diflucan daily and 200 mg of Bactrim. Will this keep the crypto from spreading to my CNS? I start on my retroviral meds this week as I have been waiting for the lab results for my resistance information.

Fluconazole usually would be effective at suppressing cryptococcal infection and mimimizing chances for spread to the central nervous system. KH

HIV and Kidney Disease