Smoking and Hiv positive

I was recently diagnosed with HIV and smoke about 10 cigs. a day. The HIV doctor stated that any health care provider is going to say to stop smoking, and I am trying, but until then is it going to kill me? My cd4 is in the 700 and vl is 23000

Smoking cigarettes greatly increases the risk for a large number of cancers and heart disease which are major threats to the health/life of HIV+ persons in the era of effective therapy. Smoking can be a major cause of health problems in HIV+ persons so efforts to stop are well worth it (but very difficult!). KH

Just Diagnosed
ear problems