|Smoking and Hiv positive
Jun 9, 2009
I was recently diagnosed with HIV and smoke about 10 cigs. a day. The HIV doctor stated that any health care provider is going to say to stop smoking, and I am trying, but until then is it going to kill me? My cd4 is in the 700 and vl is 23000
Response from Dr. Henry
Smoking cigarettes greatly increases the risk for a large number of cancers and heart disease which are major threats to the health/life of HIV+ persons in the era of effective therapy. Smoking can be a major cause of health problems in HIV+ persons so efforts to stop are well worth it (but very difficult!). KH
- Rectal Bleeding After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- What Stds Cause A Redness And Red Bumps On Penis?
- Deep Kissing And Hiv With Cuts And Bleeding Gums
- Drug Testing And Hiv Drugs
- During Ars When Does Rash Appear
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.