long term effects of hiv meds

have been on meds on and off for 12 years was diag. within 2 months of being infected, have been suffering from inflammtion thru out my body and positive for ana have been told by dr nothing to do with meds or hiv i am not sure i agree i have a wonderful dr you might know her dr judith fienberg cincinnati ohio what is your advise

You don't mention which HIV meds you are on. Diffuse aching actually fairly common in general population so tough to pin down cause in many instances. You are in excellent hands with Dr Fineberg. I am not aware of any report linking a specific HIV regimen to ANA+ lupus type syndrome. I assume you have seen a rheumatologist to perhaps better define the nature of your symptoms? KH

WHEN TO START TREATMENT
Brain and HIV