BABY BOOMERS & LONGEVITY

HI: Thank you and all the professionals for this site. I find it simple, informative, educating and enlightening.

However it does seem to focus on younger people. Stupidly (yes still punishing myself) I am HIV+ for almost 3 yrs now and just over 50. (on meds, altripla)

What about those of us recently diagnosed? Not stronger and younger? What does our prognosis look like?

Would Body.Com consider a section for the over 50? Focussing on our issues, problems and fears!

Are there any 20 year survivors that are over 60? 70?

I realize that new meds have only been on the market for a few yrs, so the jury may be out.

On good days I think I can make it to 75 then I realize my body probably won't.

Keep up the great work, I thank you for keeping me engaged and informed.

For someone who is 50 years old and doing well on HIV meds (undetectable HIV levels and CD4 count >> 350-500) the long term prognosis is strongly influenced by other health issues (family history, smoking history, exercise, blood pressure, diabetes, weight, cancer screening) with the average life expectancy likely measured in decade(s) ie 20-30 years. KH

Re: Lopid timing.
WHEN TO START TREATMENT