|Swollen parotid gland
Jun 5, 2009
how Do i shink my salivary glands I loof like shrek!!
Response from Dr. Henry
A small subset of HIV+ patients develop polycystic disease of the parotids. A CT or ultrasound as well as a thorough history and examination is indicated to determine the diagnosis (sometimes need a biopsy). If a diagnosis of polycystic disease is made low dose radiation can often decrease the size of the parotids for cosmetic purposes though there is a risk of further enlargement over time (sometimes requiring further treatment). KH
Re: Lopid timing.
- What Is The Earliest You Can Get Tested For Hiv?
- Effects Of Aloe Vera On Hiv
- Can I Know If I'm Hiv Positive After 2 Weeks Of Infected?
- Will Genital Warts Ever Completely Go Away?
- What Can Can Cause A False Positive Syphilis Test?
- What Are The Long And Short Term Problems With Genital Warts?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.