peripheral neuropathy?????

I was diagnosed with hiv 4 years ago. My t-cell when first diagnosed was 300 put got on meds and numbers jumped up to 750. I have stayed on meds and numbers have stayed betwwen 700 - 800. I am on atripla at the moment and have never had any side effects. I have been on it for a year and before that was sustiva and truvada.

Well, last week in my right food i got a sharp pain like I stepped on a nail whenever I was walking anywhere. It was just centralized to one spot. It went away after a week and yesterday I got the same centralized pain in my other foot(Like stepping on one nail) when I got up and started walking around.

My doctors checkup is in a couple months. Should I just wait until then to talk about it or try to see him sooner? Is this signs of peripheral neuropathy? I just thought it would be multiple tingling sensations if i ever got it. Maybe I have been sleep walking and stepping on nails but I see no cuts or markings on my feet.

Thanks for your time.

Atripla overall has a low rate of peripheral neuropathy. The foot pain you describe (acute and short in duration first in one foot and then the other) does't sound much like either HIV associated or drug related peripheral neuropathy. Concern about those conditions would be greater for more peristent numbness, tingling, or pain in toes and then foot often similar between right and left legs. If pain persists or worsens would contact your physician to discuss prior to scheduled clinic visit. KH

stockrin/as a morning safety guide
Changeover to Etravirine