stockrin/as a morning safety guide
May 27, 2009
can stockrin be taken by a person who is not living with the desease but had sexual intercourse with an infected person.
Response from Dr. Henry
Post exposure prophylaxis after sexual exposure to an HIV+ person is a reasonable strategy under certain circumstance. Due to the side effects and low barrier to resistance use of Strocrine by itself cannot usaully be recommended (better to use 2 or 3 drugs in order to decrease chance for resistance). The HIV status (including viral load and treatment) of the partner is important information to make an informed recommendation.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- When You Have Sex With Someone With Chlamydia Do You Immediately Get It?
- What Would Happen If You Had Sex With Someone That Had Genital Warts?
- What Happens When You Have Mouth Herpes?
- What Do Genital Warts Look Like In Early Stages?
- Getting Treatment For Genital Warts When Can I Have Sex Again
- Things That Look Like Genital Warts But Are Not
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.