How much longer do I have?

I am 58, undetectable for 10 years, 728t cell, no oi's but have had dyverticulitus and one bout of unexplained low hemoglobin count (4.6) both in the last two years. I continue to feel weaker and weaker with chronic fatigue being my normal level of activity.

I have seen several posts recently referring to a european study that revealed life expectancy at late 50's to 60's in positive patients that have been on HAART for extended periods of time. Should I expect this to be my prognosis and see a few more years of gradually deteriorating health ahead?

Thanks for your response.

For patients with CD4 count > 500 and suppressed HIV levels on antiretroviral therapy the life expectancy often compares favorably to that of the general population of the same age (very similar life expectancy noted in one French study). Attention to cardiovascular, cancer, liver and kidney health are important in HIV+ persons as they age since those conditions pose the major threat to health/life and may occur at higher rate in HIV+s (that latter point still under study to determine how low that added risk is with better HIV control and higher CD4 counts). KH

Severe leg pain
Oral Health- warts on tongue & fever blister