Cd4 and viral load
May 23, 2009
How often should cd4 n viral load be checked after starting treatment? In what way is efivarenz harmful to a feotus or developing a foetus?on average how long does it take for vl to be undetectable when one is on truvada and efivarenz?
Response from Dr. Henry
In the US HIV level and CD4 count is usually checked 4-6 weeks after starting effective HAART. The time to reaching undetectable status depends partly on how high the viral load is but often will get close within 2-3 months. Efavirenz has been linked to fetal abnormalities particulary when used in first trimester of pregnancy. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can U Get HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Can You Catch HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Night Sweats After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Throat After Kissing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- What Kind Of Sexually Transmitted Infections Does Doxycycline Monohydrate Treat?
- Anal Sex With Condom Risk
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.