Nutrition and exercise with PML

My step-son has been diagnosed with PML. He was diagnosed with HIV 10 years ago. About a month ago his t-Cell or CD4 count (I think they are the same thing) was 24. Two weeks later the number had doubled to ~50. He has a very short memory span - but he has good days and bad days. Now, my question is how does his nutrition and exercise affect reversing the PML "brain nerve" damage. He is VERY thin, but eats an incredible amount of sweets. We try to get him to eat healthy meals. He is tired all of the time. Would getting more exercise help with this?

Recovery from PML is highly variable and depends a lot on the CD4 count and recovery of CD4 cells. Also crucial are the size and location of the PML lesions which often behave similar to a stroke so that some damage is not very reversible but in some cases physical therapy can result in some functional improvement. KH

skin rash
Cd4 and viral load