Newbie with peripheral neuropathy after only 4 months being poz

I read many of the posts and am confused regarding the onset of PN with and without meds. Everything points to advace HIV for my symptoms to appear. I just started to notice nummess on my feet and ankle and arms over the past 4 days. Mostly on my right side and more so on my toes moving up. Can this progress so fast as I have not seem my ID doctor yet to run my labs.

Could this be something else related to my HCV or just HIV OI. Also how fast does it progress and does starting HAART slow this down or make this worst. Am I doomed from the start. Even seeing the doctor it will take 3 -4 wks befoe I can start meds. What is the typical progress of NP and will it spread to other parts of my body.

Thank You

HIV-related peripheral neuropathy usually progresses slowly and is usually symmetric involving the toes/feet first before climbing to ankels and then up the legs. Many other conditions can cause similar symptoms so a good clinical evaluation is recommended. KH

herpes response to treatment
Muscle pain - Ouch...... I hurt all the time