herpes response to treatment
May 13, 2009
how lond does it take for herpes to start responding to treatment? CD4 COUNT BELOW 120OY
Response from Dr. Henry
Treatment for routine herpes simplex with drugs like acyclovir usually results in fairly prompt improvement (several days). Herpes zoster responds perhaps a little slower while drug resistant or very severe herpes can be more difficult to treat with slower response time. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is The Medical Title Of A Doctor That Treats Hiv/aids?
- How Much Does Atripla Cost?
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Massage?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Sucking Penis?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Do People Catch HIV From Receiving Oral Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.