May 13, 2009
why take on empty stomach? when will the headache occur or how often?
| Response from Dr. Henry
The basic issue with Atripla and food is that increasing amounts of fat in stomach tend to increase the blood levels of efavirenz which can lead to increased side effects. Perhaps half of patients have some level of central nervous system side effects (weird dreams, night mares, hang over feelings, headaches) during the first weeks which generally diminish after the first 2-4 weeks (perhaps 10% of patients have persistent head related side effects). KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Marrow Transplant Cure AIDS?
- Youth Peer Education In Reproductive Health And Hiv/aids: Progress, Process, And Programming For The Future
- How Can Abstaining From Alcohol And Other Drugs Prevent Hiv Infection?
- Respiratory System And Aids
- Is Hiv Transmitted With Semen?
- Which Body Fluids Transmit Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.