Face rash

I was diagnosed and started truvada + stocrin few month ago when my cd4 was < 200 and VL 6000. I have had a skin rash all over accept my face 2 weeks after starting treatment. It has went away and I switched to Atripla couple month ago. I also started to get rash on my face, spots, redness, dryness and slight itcheness couple month ago. My counts last time, also couple month ago are CD4 > 200 and VL 60. It increases after a visit to pool/sauna. I have never had this problem with my face before. Is it possible that HIV combined with the pills made my skin more sensitive and allergetic to chlorine, or sauna (I only spend about 10 min in one visit to pool, I am used to longer times.) I can recall a vacation just before starting on Atripla, I have went to sauna for a long period of time (no pool) and it had no effect on my face. Which products can I try to remedy this reaction that are safe to use.

Thanks in advance for your answer

Skin rashes are very common in the general population and even more common in HIV+ persons. In the facial area seborrheic dermatitis is very common and can often flare up when starting effective HAART (usually will over time improve). Often treatment with an antifungal shampoo used as a soap can help or antifungal cream is helpful. I would discuss with your HIV doc and consider a derm referral/evaluation to make a more specific diagnosis which can then lead to treatment recommendations. KH

Rash due to Atripla
knee/feet stiffness in AM