diabeties

hi i have recently found out that i was being over dosed on reyataz 300 mg the directions were to take 2 tablets by mouth twice daily (=4 pills 1200 mg daily for over 2 yrs) i have since developed uncontrolled diabeties) iam 1 of 10 siblings diabeties does not run in my family neither my parents or grandparents or any of my siblings have ever had diabeties in my family,being over dosed on reyataz caused by diabeties and i've seen 4 diabetic specialist who are unable to control my sugar levels i have since stopped taking the incorrect dose of reyataz this pass march 2009 was being over dosed by reyataz the reason for my diabeties? the nurse at my doctors office called in the wrong doseage to my drug store.thats how this over dose was caused

You don't mention the other drugs you are taking so hard to say with any certainly whether the excessive atazanavir directly caused your diabetes. Atazanavir has had only modest effects on blood sugar levels when taken in standard doses and of course there is no published data regarding taking high doses for 2 years. If high dose atazanavir triggered the diabetes then switching to standard doses should help-if not then seems somewhat less likely to have been the main cause of the diabetes (which is common in the general population so hard to know for sure what the actual cause is in many cases). KH

pep
skin issues