Why are my CD4 not rising and l am not undectable ???

Hi Dr Keith, please keep up the great work you do for us hivers, just a question,

l started meds for the first time feb 20 2009, cd4 301 and viroal load 45,000 and %19 taking truvada and nivermine

l took a blood test april 26 nearly 10 weeks into meds and my results read cd4 331 and % 24 and viroal load 451,

why have my cd4 only gone up by 30 and why am l not undectable ???

the doctor has told me to take a test again in 8 weeks,

thank you for your time

You have had a 99% decrease in viral load in 8 weeks and a increase in CD4% of 5 which is within the usual range of what is seen (highly variable CD4 responses due partly to wide variability in counts from day to day). I agree with advice to re-check in 8 wks-you are having a good response so far. KH

Facial swelling
Switch to Prezista for cholesterol?