| Why are my CD4 not rising and l am not undectable ???
May 10, 2009
Hi Dr Keith, please keep up the great work you do for us hivers, just a question,
l started meds for the first time feb 20 2009, cd4 301 and viroal load 45,000 and %19 taking truvada and nivermine
l took a blood test april 26 nearly 10 weeks into meds and my results read cd4 331 and % 24 and viroal load 451,
why have my cd4 only gone up by 30 and why am l not undectable ???
the doctor has told me to take a test again in 8 weeks,
thank you for your time
| Response from Dr. Henry
You have had a 99% decrease in viral load in 8 weeks and a increase in CD4% of 5 which is within the usual range of what is seen (highly variable CD4 responses due partly to wide variability in counts from day to day). I agree with advice to re-check in 8 wks-you are having a good response so far. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hair Loss After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Drinking After Someone Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.