|Kaletra and Dilantin
May 6, 2009
I recently had a seizure and went to a neurologist. He gave me a script for 1 month of dilantin and then will do further test. Is there any interactions between these medications?
Response from Dr. Henry
There is a potential serious interaction between Dilantin and protease inhibitors including lopinavir (in Kaletra). There is concern about decreased efficacy of both drugs. Close monitoring of Dilantin levels and plasma HIV RNA levels (and possibly lopinavir levels) is recommended if used together (would also involve your HIV doc in the process). KH
AZT related anemia in developing country
- Black Spots After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Anal Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Jock Itch After Breast Sucking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Genital Rubbing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Throat After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.