Atripla and Resveratrol

Hello. I have a question regarding Atripla and these Red Wine Extracts with Resveratrol. First, are they really any good ? And second, will they interfere with my meds. Been positive since 12/08. Viral load undetectable and C4 count 400...

Thanks Again !

Charlie Vieni

I have seen no data evaluating the effect of resveratrol on plasma levels of the drug in Atripla. I has not been properly studies. Below is summary from Wikipedia section on reveratrol re: safety.

While the health benefits of resveratrol seem promising, one study has theorized that it may stimulate the growth of human breast cancer cells, possibly because of resveratrol's chemical structure, which is similar to a phytoestrogen.[36][37] However, other studies have found that resveratrol actually fights breast cancer.[38][39] Some studies suggest that resveratrol slows the development of blood vessels, which suppresses tumors, but also slows healing.[40] Citing the evidence that resveratrol is estrogenic, some retailers of resveratrol advise that the compound may interfere with oral contraceptives and that women who are pregnant or intending to become pregnant should not use the product, while others advise that resveratrol should not be taken by children or young adults under eighteen, as no studies have shown how it affects their natural development.[41] A small study found that a single dose of up to 5 g of trans-resveratrol caused no serious adverse effects in healthy volunteers.[14]

In looking through the wikipedia discussion I found little convincing data that resveratrol has proven benefits. KH

If any reader has any info please post. KH

Mystery Rash
hiv meds and kidney problems