Fat and Mucus in stool

I know...It's gross, but when it comes to medical care I loose all humility. I've been HIV positive since 1999 My current cd4 is 1349 (no, really), any my VL is undetectable and has been ever since I started taking Trizivir BID and Viread Qhs. I've been on this cocktail for the better part of 8 years. I was on the seperate components of trizivir long before they came out with the combo pill (thank god for small miracles). Anyway, the side effect (if any) are relatively benign, not much nausea, diarreha, no hypersensitiviy reaction from the trizivir. I'm also diagnosed with chrohns disease, Degenerative disc disease, Bipolar, Anxiety disorder, Chronic Pain, and take a number of other medications: Phenergan and Compazine and Marijuana for nausea and appetite, Lortab 10/500 and Fentanyl TD 50mcg/hr. Effexor XR, 75mg QD, Trazodone 100-300mg qhs for sleep, Xanax 1mg TID for anxiety, Evoxac (for dry mouth, eyes, mucus membranes), Flexeril 10mg qhs, Lisinopril 10mg for BP,Protonix EC 40mg BID, Zantac 150-300mg PRN, Albuterol IHN, Sudafed 60mg BID, Zyrtec 10mg QD....I know what you're thiniking...overmedicated, but not really, I cut at least 5 or 6 meds out because they were just totally unnecessary...Seroquel, Depakote, Neurontin, Imitrex...Then I was overmedicated, and the meds I've been on now I've been on for a while, so I don't think the number of meds or the doseage is inappropriate for someone with the health problems that I have....Anyway, My question is: What makes fat (grease) and mucus pass in your stool. I know that mucus is probably from the chrohns, I saw the colonoscopy video (YUK, ulcers and lots of red inflamation and mucus) and I know how my gut feel like sometimes...actually feels just like it looks. I know that's almost an impossible question to answer due to the number of medications, but do any of them stand out that would do that, or it that just the way my bowel works (or doesn't), whichever the case my be...Thank you for providing this valuable service for the HIV/AIDS community. We are very fortunate to have specialitst such as yourselfs to answer questions, Seems like any more that's all I have are questions, I've practially become a specialist in my own right, I've spent 1000's of dollars on medical books and can actually read and understand them, but I always consult with my doc just to be sure. She is amazed at how much I know, I just believe that you have to be an informed patient and medical consumer, and be your own advocate, and the more you know the better you are....Thanks so much...Ray Webster

wow-tough to add much to that considering what all you have been through. Certainly some patients in your situation can develop some degree of either fast gut transit and/or fat malabsorption. Have you had a fecal fat analysis to actually quantitate amount of fat in stool. Lactose or gluten intolerance can further complicate the picture in some patients. I have had some patients with your assortment of problems get better either with diet manipulations (such as macrobiotics and active yogurt/high fiber) or empiric use of pancreatic enzymes as options to consider if not already tried. KH

muscle spasms in hands and legs
Bell fat and breasts inlargement