Milk thistle or other liver detox with HIV meds?

I have recently been told that my liver is a little high, i think the enzymes or some other count, and I mentioned to my new dr here in Palm Springs that when I was in Austin TX before moving here, my Dr there wanted to take a liver biopsy as my blood tests gave a similar effect for my liver. The result of the biopsy was hepatoportal sclerosis. So can i use milk thistle for my liver while taking my cocktails or will it flush all the meds out of my system? An employee back in Austin that works for whole foods told me maybe to not take the liver cleanse because my hiv meds may get all washed out or some other reason, is that true? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I also have HPV ,repeated cultured warts in my mouth show HPV over and over again, and I cant seem to get rid of one in particular. I have been taking Thuja tincture lately, and putting a dropper full straight in my mouth a few times a day, could this be making my liver shoot up again? Any other suggestions for my HPV ulcers, or warts,in my mouth? Drs have burned, shot them with stuff, and cut them out,.only for them to return, Any help would be greatly appreciated, Sincerely, Mike in PS

There is no data based on a well done study showing that milk thistle is effective and safe to use for liver related problems seen in the setting of treated HIV infection. There are anecdotal reports of benefit and some of my patients have taken it (in those cases can't say I have seen either any problems or clear benefit). You captured well the frustration regarding treatment options for HPV (in mouth often very challenging). I don't have any suggestions that would likely be helpful given your treatment history. If any reader has any suggestions please post! KH

Spider or insect bites and HIV
muscle spasms in hands and legs