Bad smell

I have a new 7 year old with hiv. She has such a bad smell. It really makes me sick to my stomach. Is this common? What is it? What can be done for it? It seems as though it just comes out of her glands not just her breathe.

Wow-good question. Some HIV meds (such as ritonavir) may seem to cause some odd smells in patients. Recommend evaluation but the HIV doc. An evaluation by a dermatologist can sometimes diagnosise conditions (sweat gland, fungal and others) that could contribute to a bad smell. In a female child sometimes vaginal infections can cause a bad smell. In other cases the smell can be related to GI problems so a change in diet for a while may be worth considering. KH

Atripla weight loss
gene therapy for hiv treatment