Should I be using products with amylase in the.

I have been HIV + for over 18 yrs and have been on meds for the last 12 yrs. My viral load is undetectable and t-cells are 364. My doc is very happy with all the labs. Plus I have Hepatitis C and I am a diabetic. My question is should I be using products with amylase, cellulase and hemicellulase derived from Aspergillus oryzae and Aspergillus niger in them? Such as: YOR MRP Meal Replacement found at www.yorhealth .com

No specific information is available about the safety or efficacy of that product in HIV+ patients doing OK on treatment. In general those types of products are well tolerated in HIV+ patients with decent CD4 counts (such as in your case). Many of the ingredients that could be of concern are digested by stomach acids and are unlikely to pose a threat when taken orally. That being said I recommend also informing your HIV and hepatitis docs about the product so you can be monitored for unusual problems. KH

red flag or normal side effect?
Truvada and Efivarenz