Combivir and anemia
Apr 22, 2009
I was started on Combivir and Sustiva in early February of this year. I was later treated in the ER due to weakness and tachycardia. My hemoglobin was 8.7. What medication change would you suggest in response to this situation? My physician mentioned that he did not think Combivir caused bone marrow suppression, but I am reading that this is not the case.
Response from Dr. Henry
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- The Effects Of Untreated Hepatitis B Infection
- Unprotected Sex And Period Risk Of Hiv
- Enlarged Liver And Spleen Due To Hep C
- Can You Get Hiv If A Hiv Positive Blood Touches Your Food?
- In The Earliest Stage Of Hiv Infection Can Symptoms May Be Mistaken For The Flu
- How Does Hiv Affect The Male Reproductive System?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.