Combivir and anemia

I was started on Combivir and Sustiva in early February of this year. I was later treated in the ER due to weakness and tachycardia. My hemoglobin was 8.7. What medication change would you suggest in response to this situation? My physician mentioned that he did not think Combivir caused bone marrow suppression, but I am reading that this is not the case.

Recommend an evaluation for anemia but consideration of a switch from Combivir to Truvada or Epzicom (if HLA B5701 negative and baseline viral load < 100,000) would be recommended in many cases. KH

Skin Rash
Side effects of HIV treatments