Apr 16, 2009
I have been taking Atripla since Dec 2008. I have developed severe pains in my breasts. My dr. told me I could develop peripheral neuropathy and that could be causing the pain. Mammogram has shown no abnormalities. Could the pain be a side effect of the Atripla?
Response from Dr. Henry
Neuropathy from either HIV or HIV meds would rarely cause pain localized to breast so would seek other explanation. KH
P.A.H. (Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension) and HIV
descoloration in face
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Sore On Penis After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Rash Appear After 3 Months Exposure?
- Can You Get Hiv From Being Fingered?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.