afraid of the side effects

i was diagnosed in feb 2009. still have not started my med, but my dr said she will usually gives combivir n efiviren. i'm afraid of the bad side effects of AZT. Thinking of getting generic atripla from Bangkok. It is wise to do so? the generic drug, is it reliable? how much of the side effect than i might reduce by taking other medication rather than AZT? Really hope u can amswer my Q. thank you soo much.

Most patients taking Combivir + efavirenz do well with minimal/tolerable side effects. Patients taking Atripla do modestly better so that is a preferred option in areas where that is available. I have had scores of patients take Combivir/efavirenz who have done well. AZT has modestly more stomach and constitutional side effects than tenfovir and is more associatted with anemia but again most patients do well with it and it clearly is life saving and health protecting for most patients. KH

SEVERE NUMBNESS OF THE LEGS, ITCHING AND IRRITATING BLISTERS
Vitamins Switch