pml

i am not sure where to ask,i was diagnosed with pml april,07.i had symptoms probably noticable in feb 07. my speach is very poor,my balance and co-ordination are also bad.it got rapidly wose by the end of april 07.i have been told that there can be some improvement,are there any idea of time till signs of improement,or how much if any. thank you, brian

The chances of recovery from PML improves with higher CD4 counts at time of diagnosis as well as access to effective antiretroviral therapy to stabilize and hopefully boost CD4 counts. The course is also related to the location and magnitude of the PML lesions. The patients I care for who have done well with their PML stabilized their neurologic problems and had some modest improvement but recovery from the damage is similar to that in a stroke which generally leaves some residual damage. KH

Truvada/hepc
Enlarged pupils