Apr 1, 2009
i recently stopped taking atripla a week ago how long does it take for the insomnia to wear off
Response from Dr. Henry
It is not usually recommended to simply stop Atripla due to concern about development of resistance due to long persistance of efavirenz (can last in blood for several weeks which = may have some effect on sleep patterns for out to 1 month or so). When pxs in out clinic stop Atripa and all ARVs we generally prescribe a boosted protease inhibitor for several weeks to avoid resistance to the efavirenz. KH
- Can Someone Catch HIV From Protected Anal Sex?
- Can You Catch HIV From Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Can You Get AIDS From Touching Anus?
- Can You Get AIDS From Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Can You Get HIV From Topping Without Condom?
- Chances Of Getting HIV From Saliva
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.